Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just had my three year anniversary

Well, yesterday was my three year anniversary of when TM reared it's ugly head into my and my wife's life.
I have to include my wife because it has affected her almost as much as it's affected me....not necessarily in the same ways but it has affected her nonetheless...

Anyway, yesterday came and went without any melancholy or depressive thoughts. This was a good thing because even last year, I still had a very melancholy day....
I suppose that things are now just getting to be "old hat" so to speak...
I will never, ever forget how my onset was...the unbearable pain and spasms and the paralysis and numbness....and the unknowing what was going on...and I'll never forget all the tests in the hospital...
I'll not forget my year of physical therapy....and I'll not forget all the effort to relearn how to walk...
but fortunately, it seems that I am forgetting all the surrounding depression and negativity that was so abundant in my earlier days.
Now, don't get me wrong...I still have days that are SOB's and I would still give anything to be my old self again....but at least mentally, I feel better.
That is a good thing.

Now....for a little music...
Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit.....singing Basically Frightened.


Till Next Time......

0 comments: