Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19th

Yep...May 19th...just 4 days since my last post...
So...the reason for this update today...I had an appointment at the VA with my doc there.
He really doesn't do too much of anything for the treatment of my TM symptoms..but since I am enrolled at the VA I use it. No telling when I might truly need to use the facility and the doctors.
I went there today just as a 6 month update...and like I told my doc, everything is pretty much status quo...
But, there was one thing I did need to go over with my doc there...
Ever since I had my EGD and Colonoscopy and it was determined that the irritation in my stomach was the cause of those episodes I was having...My gastro doc told me to increase my daily liquid intake along with the Nexium that he prescribed to me.
So, I have been increasing my daily liquid intake and of course, that is making me go pee more often which in turn, I am using more catheters daily.
I have come extremely close to running out of catheters a couple of times since...so I asked my doc today if I could have my catheter quantity increased...which he gladly did.
That is a load off, because I was sweating it a couple of times...actually getting down to my very last catheter and being on the verge of having to boil them to reuse them....and my catheter order came.
I am extremely diligent in making sure that I allow myself plenty of time ahead of schedule when I order my catheters but for whatever reason....I have had those couple of issues of things getting just a little too close for comfort...
So....I am happy now...I'll not have to worry about the catheters situation again...

Other than that....doc had me do some labs...just typical stuff....and also peed in the cup to make sure things were okay...
I don't forsee any issues with any of that...

and for a little music...
Something rather tasty from Alvin Lee and Ten Years After...
I Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes... a great tune written by the legendary Al Kooper


So..
Till Next Time......

0 comments: