Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday

update.
I was going to update yesterday because it was PT day but I also had a VA appointment yesterday afternoon, so, I figured I'd wait until today to update.
As I said...I had PT yesterday...things went a bit better than they did last Thursday...I had some of my strength back so that was good. Cindie had me on the treadmill...It had been awhile...Aaaggghhh...still having lots of trouble with the stamina and fatigue..I did 1 m.p.h for two minutes and thirty seconds...and I was wiped out. So, I know I have lots to work on there still.
Ankle exercises went okay though...
My VA appointment was with the Ortho doctor about my numb heels....basically..he took molds of my feet and they are having special inserts made for the new shoes I am getting on Thursday. The inserts won't be in for about a month though. Hopefully, the new shoes will help some and then when the inserts come in..I will be set. I'm hoping for the best but we'll see.
My new meds that my Neuro prescribed aren't really doing anything so far...He prescribed the Neurontin for my nerve pain...and so far I'm not really getting any relief there...but again..as I've said before..the pain now is something I've grown used to, it is bothersome but not unbearable. So, I'll keep taking it and see what happens. The ortho doctor also said to keep taking it...it may help with the pain in my feet too.. We'll see.
Also, the Flexeril for my leg muscles...hard to say on that right now...the cold weather has let up a bit so my legs aren't as stiff and sore as they were...I'll keep taking that too...and see what happens with the next cold snap.

That's about it for that stuff....
On with the show....
Today...I've picked something by Marillion...the song Kayleigh....one of the great pop ballads from the mid 80's...
you might remember this one....


Till Next Time......

0 comments: