Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday

evening post...
Had my PT this morning...nothing new with that...legs were working pretty good as far as the stiffness and soreness..Did my stretches, ankle exercises and some balance beam.

Also, I had my VA appt. today to get my NEW SHOES......Yippee...

So, I sit down with the guy and he pulls them out of the box...cool, they are all white tennies...they look like a really nice athletic walking shoe. So, he pulls out all of the inserts in these things...(there are three separate inserts)

Tried the right one on with just one thin insert and the thicker heel and arch support insert. Talk about feeling like I'm walking on a cloud....oh man...
Now, for the left one since that's the leg I wear my AFO on. I tried it on with the same inserts...and I was getting some serious rubbing on the outside of my foot..So, he took everything out...and made some small trims on them ta-da...now they feel great.
He tells me...if you think this feels good...wait until you get your custom inserts...(I'm curious about them too...I mean after all...he made precise footprints of both feet in this type of collapsing foam. He set one foot on top of the foam...and then with a gentle push evenly on my foot, it slowly sank down into the foam...and recreated ever bend, wrinkle..etc...on my feet)
But, until those inserts come in...I think I'll be quite happy with these...
Oh..by the way...here's a picture of them...


Well, tomorrow is Friday the 13th......who's superstitious....????
Not me...
How about we end todays post with something from one of the great writers of Dark Gothic Stories.....
Edgar Allan Poe......and a recital of The Tell Tale Heart.


Are you still not superstitious....???

Till Next Time......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool video!!
Good luck wishes on this superstitious day.
Happy Valentine's day tomorrow.
Nice to hear you so 'up'!

xo