Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday

update....
Whew....what a day at PT.
Just to explain....today it is cold outside...it's still only 10 degrees...when we left this morning for PT it was 2. The short time I was outside...long enough to get from the house to the van and then from the van into the hospital...my legs were almost totally useless..So stiff...
I did my e-stim first and then Cindie stretched my legs...and she could tell...My range of movement was very minimal before the pain started setting in.
So, Cindie had me start out on the 3" high beam and try to do some leg lifts to the side and to the rear...My left leg was pathetic...No strength at all...and then when I did my ankle exercises it was the same...It was a struggle to do the exercise where I have to lift my toes...even without any weight resistance.
This is the machine I use for my ankle exercises...

My foot gets strapped in and then you can add weights on the posts if you want more resistance.

So, we're home now and my legs feel like rubber bands....they are so weak, stiff and sore......Oh boy, I can't wait for winter to be over....

Now...to the music for the day....One song came to mind today...because..with today being so cold and such a bad day for me (my legs)...and we're supposed to start a bit of a warming trend tomorrow..which is Friday....
I said to myself..."Self, Friday is on my mind..because hopefully with the weather being a little warmer, maybe I'll get some relief..."
With that being said...here's a 1966 hit song from the Australian band, The Easybeats...
So, here they are...The Easybeats with Friday On My Mind


Till Next Time......

1 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, that machine doesn't look comfortable at all. I couldn't imagine what you are going through with Pt especially with it being so cold. I haven't started PT yet. I know I will need it at some point but I am afraid of the pain that may come with it. I hope that your legs feel better soon!