Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday

update....
I wanted to do a quick update this morning...
The reason is because my wife and I took our 9 year old nephew and 5 year old grandson to the Monster Truck Nationals last night in Cleveland.
Now, yesterday was a long day for me since it started out about 10:30am at the grocery store with my wife. This was my first real "shopping trip" with her and it wasn't too bad.
Well, then we picked up our grandson about 3:00pm and the four of us went to eat and the the drive to Cleveland. It's not too bad...about an hour. We got there about 6:15pm.
We get to the indoor arena and now have to find parking that is going to work for me. Lizzie decided just to drop the boys and I at the main entrance and she would find a place to park and then come in.
The three of us get out of the van and it's pretty snowy on the street but not too bad. We get to the arena and are actually very close to where our seats were.
So, the boys and I get seated and watching everything and about 15 minutes later, here comes Lizzie. She says she got a spot right across the street in a parking lot....Cool..!!

The monster truck stuff was awesome and we all had a great time..even my wife..she was very happily surprised as this was her first time to this type of thing. Of course the boys had a ball..I mean after all...young kids and monster trucks...they just go together. Of course, this "old" kid had a ball also.

After it was over...getting out of there was a bit of a challenge because of the number of people going in every which direction to find "their" door. Walking with the cane was "tough" because it kept getting kicked and I would almost lose my balance but I made it okay.

We get outside and I ask my wife where the van is. She says it's right across the street in that parking lot...and she asks me what I want to do..meaning, do I want her to get the van and come pick me up or what. I just tell her.."Let's Go"
I don't want to go through the whole hassle of her getting the van and having to drive around the block to get back to where I would be. So, between the blowing, cold wind, snow, traffic, people and probably a 400 hundred yard walk...we made it to the van. I'll admit, by the time we got there I was puffing pretty good but after a couple of minutes of sitting in the van I was fine. Tired out but fine.

The drive back was really fairly uneventful and the boys pretty much passed out because it was late and they were tired.

Jump ahead to this morning....I woke up at 3:00am and again at 5:00am and then again at 8:00am. Tired, sore and stiff.........My neck is stiff, my legs are sore and stiff and I'm pretty wiped out overall. But, it was fun and worth it.

Here are a few pics from last night...


My nephew and grandson on the trip up...happy smiling and talking a mile a minute..


One of the trucks doing "donuts"


A jet powered "Golf Cart"


A jet powered "Reclining Chair"


MONSTER TRUCK.....


ANOTHER MONSTER TRUCK


Then the lights in the stadium went out and a "TRANSFORMER TRUCK" came out and proceeded to "eat" a car.


What was left of the car.....



The boys on the trip home....They were a little tired...


Now, for my sis...another video...Peggy Lee...


Well folks...that's about it for today...I'm wiped...gonna relax.

Till Next Time......

0 comments: