Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday

update.
This update is coming later than I usually do but I couldn't write anything earlier as I was busy.
I made the decision to go to the grocery store with my wife. I made do fairly well with just using the cart to push while I walked. I did get pretty tired but I was able to make frequent breather stops so it wasn't too bad.
Now, my wife and I are also taking our 9 year old nephew and our 5 year old grandson to the Monster Truck Nationals today in Cleveland. I'm as excited to go to that as much as the kids are..after all, I'm just a gearhead anyway.
We're leaving in about an hour and 45 minutes so I figured I'd get this quick update in.

I will say that the trek to the grocery store wasn't bad but I did notice that during the short time I was outside my feet got incredibly cold and my legs started stiffening up quite a bit. Now, fortunately the Monster Truck show is in an indoor arena so it should be warm enough. It is going to be a late night though as the truck show doesn't start until 7 and I'm figuring probably a good two hours there and then the trip back home afterwards. This should prove to be an interesting experiment to see how I can handle this. Wish me luck everyone... :-)

Now, music update...my sister suggested a request since she is going to be going to a concert with Big Band music and it is a tribute to Buddy Holly and Peggy Lee...
She is asking for something as a bit of a warmup to that concert...so....let's see what I can find...
First of all...one of my favorite big band compositions done by Peggy Lee...
"Big Spender"


and a Buddy Holly song..."True Love Ways"


Enjoy sis...
I'll post some more throughout this week...

Till Next Time......

0 comments: