Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Well Boys and Girls

tomorrow is Christmas Eve.
My post today is going to be fairly brief.
My last music post before Christmas is by Greg Lake from Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
Greg wrote a song years back called "I Believe In Father Christmas"
There was a lot of controversy when it came out about it being an anti religious song.
Greg states that the song was written to show his disgust with the commercialization of Christmas.
I so totally agree with that. I have never been a religious man although I do try to live my life as a good person. I believe that one of the meanings of Christmas other than it being the birth of Christ, is that it is a day of love of your fellow man and the idea of giving.
Christmas has gotten so out of hand with the retailers and the media that it almost makes me sick at times.
So, with all that being said....
I wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas. Peace on Earth and Good Will Toward Man.


They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on Earth
But instead it just kept on raining
A veil of tears for the Virgin's birth
I remember one Christmas morning
A winters light and a distant choir
And the peal of a bell and that Christmas Tree smell
And their eyes full of tinsel and fire
They sold me a dream of Christmas
They sold me a Silent Night
And they told me a fairy story
'Till I believed in the Israelite
And I believed in Father Christmas
And I looked at the sky with excited eyes
'Till I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn
And I saw him and through his disguise

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave New Year
All anguish pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on Earth
Hallelujah Noel be it Heaven or Hell
The Christmas you get you deserve.

La la la la la la la la la la....

I Love You All...
Till Next Time........

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Kevin. I do hope you can get some enjoyment from it.

There was one song we forgot
John Prine 'Christmas in Prison'!!

Take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you every day as usual!
Love to you and Liz