Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday

and happy day after Christmas everyone. I hope all of you had a wonderful day.
My Christmas was very nice....My wife and I were the first ones up. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is being the first one up and turning all the Christmas lights on and then watching everyone else get up and seeing their faces first thing Christmas morning. It is just a warm, cheerful feeling. The next thing is watching the kids open their presents (and helping play with some of them too..) My nephew was so excited opening his things and then when our grandson came over it was so fun watching him also. It was a nice day yesterday and I enjoyed myself immensely. My wife made a wonderful Christmas dinner and I tried helping with a few things, as much as I could anyway.
The only downfall about yesterday, after dinner was over I realized that I was completely exhausted and stiff and very sore. I had been up on my feet almost the entire day and with all the activity I think I overdid it a bit. This morning I literally feel like someone has been beating me with a stick. I am sooo stiff and my legs are in bad shape... but oh well...it was worth it.

So, I hope everyone made it through the day okay and that the rest of the holiday is nice also. I'm going to try and rest and recover today and have a good weekend. Weather wise tomorrow sounds like it's going to be a decent day...they are predicting mid 60's. That's Ohio for you...single digit temps one week and the next week it's springtime.... I'll take it though....might be a decent day to spend a bit of time outside...probably the last chance before our real winter sets in.

My sister reminded me of one Christmas song that was forgotten...So, I will play it now for three reasons...My sister requested it, it's a classic off the wall song and after all...it's only the day after Christmas... :-)
John Prine...Christmas in Prison..
enjoy..


One last thing before I sign off today... To our Canadian neighbors...today is Boxing Day so let's wish them a wonderful holiday.

Take care everyone...

Till Next Time............

P.S. By the way...I saw in the news already....Santa, the day after Christmas.. LOL
Even Santa needs a vacation..

0 comments: