Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday

quick post.
I meant to post yesterday...only because I'm getting things geared up for posting a bunch of Christmas songs...there are a ton that I want to post...and most of them are pretty quirky and fun ones...but, I will also be posting some of the good old favorite traditional ones too.

Quick TM update...actually no real changes or anything specific with the TM. It's just that yesterday I was going out into the garage for something, and mind you, there are only two small steps down from the house to the garage floor. I don't know what I did or how it happened, but I lost my balance. I didn't fall to the floor but it was one of those falls where you manage to maintain some control but not enough to totally stop the fall. When I lost my balance I kind of was falling sort of backwards against the inside door and my feet were dancing around the best they could to find some footing. I went down on my butt and on the way down my left foot just went out from under me and I kind of did a bit of a split. No real injuries to speak of other than I think maybe I kind of pulled a muscle on the inside of my left leg. It's pretty sore today. Oh well..

So, with that aside...music time. A couple more requests from my sis. Christmas music of course. She is looking for Mitch Miller which YouTube is full of videos of him. Now, what to to choose...hmmmm Okay, here we go..
Must Be Santa...


My sister also mentioned Tom Waits. Now, when I read that she was looking for Christmas music from Tom Waits...I thought we might be out of luck on that one because I didn't think Tom ever did any Christmas songs.
Well, after finding the song that I did, I guess it could technically be called a Christmas song but it's not really...
Give it a listen..
Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis


Sorry sis, Tom just didn't do much in the way of Christmas songs.

and I'm going to post one more...just listen.. no introduction at all..


Have fun with these....we'll be back tomorrow for some more of my twisted idea of Christmas music.

Till Next Time.......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,

It's a good thing you did not do any damage in your fall!

Thanks for the songs again!
I loved the Tom waits choice...leave it to you to find something!! And of course Leon Redbone...brings me back quite a few years to my cousin Billy and I...we were very good buddies! He is coming home for Christmas, yahoo!

Now, it seems that I am the only one making request??? So I will just continue, if you don't mind.
I am looking for ONE of my favorites now.
The little drummer boy, by Bowie and Bing!
I know you can do that one, and I am REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to YOUR CHOICES!!!
Take care
xo