Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

It's the day before New Years...2009 is literally right around the corner.
Here's to a great New Year...this coming year has to bring good things since I don't see things being able to get much worse than 2008.
Here's to good thoughts, good friendships, good family and good living.
So....the traditional song to bring in the New Year is Auld Lang Syne...
How about a version done on the bagpipes...

I was reading a little bit on the origin of Auld Lang Syne and it is a Scottish poem that was put to music. The translation of Auld Lang Syne means "old long since", or more idiomatically, "long long ago" or "days gone by"
That brings to mind a song I know of by one of the great hair bands from the 80's.
A band named Slaughter..they did a song called "Days Gone By" and it's really reflective of how I've felt these past few months. It's about all the memories of the past and how you hold on to those memories.
All those memories have been there and I treasure many of them, but I now have to look at the future and work to make more and better memories to have instead of what these past few months have held for me.


Cheers all...

Till Next Time...........

0 comments: