Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday..... in the park

I think it was the Fourth of July...
Oh wait...that's not right...That's a song by Chicago..Oh well...anyway, It is Saturday..but it's November 1st.
What to update today...well, the first thing, I need to back up to Thursday and write something more for my own memory than anything else..
Thursday was a blue day...down in the dumps...feeling sorry for myself and such.. I did PT as I mentioned in my Thursday post..but as the day wore on...I started getting one of "those" headaches. The one I get before I start getting sick as I had done 4 times in the past. The sick that always started on a Friday or Saturday.
When I spoke with my Neuro the last time I told him about getting sick like that and how it always started with a headache...so he prescribed Imatrex for me and said that possible the headaches might be migraines. I took an Imatrex Thursday evening and went to sleep about 9:00pm. Woke up yesterday and the headache was gone. I thought to myself..."good" and went all day yesterday with no headache.

Now, today, Saturday..I wake up and I have a slight headache and I'm thinking...dammit...so I just go about my morning...couple of cups of coffee and breakfast thinking that maybe the headache will go away. It's now almost 11:00am and I still have it.. so I took another Imatrex. I'm bound and determined to not get sick again...and especially on a Friday or Saturday...I'm going to break that cycle if it kills me. DAMMIT..

Anyway...this morning has been interesting besides the headache.. we have some tree guys here to cut down those trees that fell during the bad storm we had recently. So, mom in law opens the door to go out and meet them...and of course out goes the dog....not that the dog can't be trusted to be out without a leash on but she has habit of wandering and I also didn't want her out with the workmen and the chainsaws and equipment. So, I head downstairs and call her in.
She comes back in...no biggie.

About 10 minutes later...the door gets opened again and out goes the dog again...this time I'm a little perturbed...I head downstairs and I'm barefoot...I get the dog back in the house...and I'm heading back up the steps and I'm a little ticked...and I'm kind of rushing...and I end up kicking my cane with my right foot....more specifically..the little toe on my right foot...and soon as it happened the pain shot right up..I looked down at it and it was bent at a strange angle...so, I know I broke it. I'm looking at it now and it looks like a swollen little fat sausage...I'd take a picture but the batteries in my camera are dead...so you all are lucky.

So, here I lie right now...my little toe is throbbing, I'm fighting a headache with chainsaws going on in the back yard and I also have the typical TM pains that are acting up..(I wonder why)
THIS ISN'T STARTING OUT TO BE A VERY GOOD DAY.................................................

Let's try to get out of this funkkkkkk............ Back to Saturday In The Park..even though it's not July.. :-)


and one other video..I'm not sure what made me think of this one...but a quick little story behind this song..It's a Steve Miller tune...and I first heard it back in 1973. The album it's off of is a pretty obscure Steve Miller album that came out in 1970.
The song is "Good Morning" and I heard it on a very, very underground radio station that broadcasted from a tiny little radio station just outside of Erie PA. Every morning for a very long time the station (WMDI..and it's long gone) would play this song at 6:00am...It ended up kind of being my morning wake up anthem.. As I got older and I had joined the Air Force and had for many years forgotten about this album and song, I once again heard it somewhere and I started a hunt for the album..which had gone out of print many, many years prior..and one day while in Tech school at Chanute Air Force Base in Illinois...I went to a used album sale at a record store in Champaign Illinois and I'll be darned it I didn't find the album.. and still have it to this day. :-)
So, with that stupid little story out of the way...here is the song..


Till Next Time.....................

0 comments: