Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday

and a real quick update...
I know I mentioned my broken toe yesterday...and that you all were lucky because my camera batteries were dead, well guess what... I got some fresh batteries in it..so I get to bless everyone with a picture of my toe...
I seem to suck at taking a picture though because it is blurry...but all the pretty colors still came through.. :-)


and just to give you an idea...when I first kicked my cane..(and it's really a long story about how it exactly came about) and my toe started throbbing..I looked down at it and I knew right away it was broken...how did I know? Because I've never seen my little toe pointing in the direction it was pointing... here is a bad example..

When I saw my toe pointing in that direction..I just knew..
So, I grabbed my toe and pulled it back as straight as I could..(yeah, it hurt) and I've had my toes taped together since...
I did manage to get my sneakers on today...by unlacing them almost all the way..and gently sliding my foot in...and then loosely tying it back up. I'm going to try PT tomorrow..and see how that goes..

I do have to say this...I've talked to so many people with TM that do not have any or very little sensation down their legs or in their feet..to the point of not even being able to feel hot or cold water... So, I suppose in a very odd way...I'm glad my toe hurts like a b*tch.. In so many ways I've been one of the "lucky" ones "from the beginning"...

and on that note....ELP...Lucky Man..



From The Beginning...



Till Next Time...............

2 comments:

Marieke said...

yup, did the same thing.. though I don't feel pain on the side I broke my toe on I spasimed so bad I knew it must have hurt.. and a few days later the burning pain that I NEVER had on that side started.. so in TM anything is possible!
(TM since 2004)

Marie said...

Owie ow ow!!!!!! Now THAT is a broken toe.

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for following my blog. I am enjoying yours.

TM totally sucks. Whenever I have an MS relapse, that is usually how it manifests, with a recurrance of TM.

I am so sorry you understand exactly what that is like. :( But, I am happy to meet you. :)