Monday, November 10, 2008

Quick post tonight

I just had to post this...I was reading my Facebook just a bit ago...and I saw a posting from my cousin Mandi.
She posted something off of the Erie.com website..which is the online paper from Erie, PA...which is my hometown.
This is a sad article...at least to me it is... I had just written a halloween story right before halloween and the story was about the Gudgeonville Bridge..the old covered bridge just outside of Erie.


The article I read told of the bridge being torched by arsonists...
Bastards.....what the hell is wrong with people sometimes...

This just saddens me to no end...this bridge was an icon...one of the last covered bridges in PA.
Everyone I knew loved that bridge and had a story or two of the bridge and the surrounding area...stories of our youth..girlfriends that had been taken out there for picnics...friends riding their motorcycles out to the bridge and forging through Elk Creek...days spent there wading up and down the creek with nothing in particular in mind... That bridge was part of all of that and those memories..
I hope the idiots that did this fry... Karma will not be on their side...
I am so sad.

1 comments:

Terri Heyne said...

I know how you feel - why do people do any of the destructive things they do? Drugs, anger issues, just plain stupidity. Crap like torching the bridge makes me angry cuz there's just no sense to it. Times sure have changed. When did they burn the bridge? Was it on Halloween? Sometimes these idiots think that because it's Halloween that they can do stupid stuff like that. Like destroying grave stones in the cemetaries. That happened in Knoxville one or two years ago. What was the point other than idiocy? Shaking my head mentally.