Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday PT day

...Had PT today....I wasn't feeling too bad..had a pretty fair sleep last night...the biggest thing was this morning when I woke up. My head and back were drenched from sweat..I was hot. Funny thing is...the bedroom window is open about 3 inches and it's pretty cold outside..about 30 degrees. On the other hand, my wife woke up early this morning because she was freezing.. Ayy...what are we going to do..? I sweat at night and she is freezing...

So, went to PT. Last Thursday, Cindie my therapist asked me about walking all the way up to therapy. I was pretty hesitant about it on Thursday...but over the weekend I thought about and figured if I don't push and challenge myself then recovery will take longer and be worse. So, today we get to the hospital and usually one of the volunteers comes out to the car with a wheelchair and my wife wheels me up to PT. Today I passed on the wheelchair....

PT is on the 4th floor..so from the front door of the hospital to the elevator is probably about 500 feet. Then out of the elevator on the 4th floor to the PT area is another 500 feet or so. Well, going up wasn't bad...of course I was fresh...but I did have to stop and rest a couple of times on the way.

Did my PT session and as usual, I was pretty tired out...so Cindie asked me if I wanted her to call up a wheelchair. i told her no..I'll be fine..I can make it but I may have to rest a couple of times...Cindie asked me three times if I wanted a wheelchair...and I kept telling her NO..

Well, let me tell you...that walk back down to the front door, was the longest friggen walk I have ever taken...!!
My god..I was sweating, panting like a damn dog and getting all light headed. As soon as we got to the front door, my wife gave the valet our ticket for the car and while we were waiting for the car to come I had to step outside..now remember, it's 30 degrees outside and I stepped out in a t-shirt to cool off. My heart rate didn't come back down to normal until we were about a block from home..(15 minute drive)
So, needless to say...that is one time that my stubbornness kicked me in the butt.

I'm sweating now just thinking about this.............
Never again....I'll swallow my pride and put a damper on my stubbornness...as hard as it may be.

I did realize today...yes, I've made some progress...but I have a good ways to go yet.. ahhh..it just takes more time... Time...it's a 4 letter word...This is so frustrating.

Time....that makes me think of a song from the Chambers Brothers... Time Has Come Today.. This takes us back to the 60's and the "Psychedelic" era.. If you listen to this song..prepare for the ride...because it will take you through a 22 minute ride of your life.. :-)









and since I'm already back in the late 60's and the "Psychedelic" era I'm gonna do one more...
I chose this one because with the weather getting colder outside...we can wish for a Hot Summer Day..
The band.."It's a Beautiful Day".. the song.."Hot Summer Day"









So...
Till Next Time............

0 comments: