Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday

the 17th.
Had my PT session yesterday...had to be re-evaled. I have to be reevaluated after every 10 sessions to monitor my progress. Turns out that I have gained some range of motion in my left foot. I can now move my foot up and down about 5 degrees and also side to side. I could not do that before. Is that progress..? Yes...it is, very slight, but it is progress.

Talked with my therapist about my visits and insurance...as I said..after every 10 sessions I get re-evaled and then after every 18 sessions I have to get reapproved for more more sessions through my insurance. Considering I go to regular PT twice a week and also go to water therapy once a week, that is three sessions a week. The problem is that my water therapy is only 15 minutes long and I'm burning a PT session to do that.

My therapist recommended that I contact a local Y that has free swim sessions for the disabled. Since I am unsupervised at water therapy now and only do 15 minutes it would be more effective for me to do that instead of burning an approved session. So, that is what I'm going to do.

I also had an appointment at the local VA center yesterday. A mental health session.. we didn't get into the meat of things yet...he is still compiling a lot of the background info he needs...but I will be going back in two weeks and every two weeks after. I got my depression med prescription filled..will be taking Wellbutrin now. After giving the psyschiatrist my background info and family info and living situation and explaining about the meltdowns I've had and so on..she also saw the need to prscribe me Lorazepam (Ativan) which is an anti anxiety med. She says to only take if absolutely necessary.

I also spoke with the ortho section and I am going to be getting an appointment scheduled to go in for a fitting for a new AFO and also orthopedic shoes. That should be within the next couple of weeks..
Also while at the VA my wife and I spoke with the Social Workers there and we were talking about my TM and if there is any possibility of it being tied into anything that may have occured while I was active duty Air Force. If I can show that, then I may qualify for military disability..
So, I have some homework to do...I know how frusrating it is to get copies of records from the records depot in St. Louis so I am going to try and contact the Paralyzed Veterans of America assoc. and see if they can help out in any way.
I guess well see how all that goes...I know how the government works sometimes..

Anyway........2 weeks until Halloween Boo's and Ghoul's

myspace layouts

myspace layouts



Till Next Time.............

0 comments: