Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Day In The Life...

I'm posting again so soon, because I was lucky enough to have an article done in the local paper...
This is something I have been working on for a couple of years....and I finally found the right reporter to get ahold of.
She has created a regular article where she posts the stories of local people that are having to live a life with challenges.
I sent her a note about two months ago, and she sent me a note back asking for more info...in which I sent her the entire story of TM and I.
She then sent me another note with a list of questions, which I promptly filled out and sent back to her....
and within a couple of days, she sent me a note and said to expect to see the article in the coming Sunday edition...(April 15th)
So, April 15th came....and I knew that our paper wouldn't arrive until after 8:00AM, so I went ahead and checked the website for the paper...and sure enough, there was the article.
I was so stoked...

When the paper did come, I went right out and got it...and went to the section that the article was in....and right there, big as day, on the front page of that section....was the article...with a huge picture of my wife and I.
The article came out so excellent....and it made me feel so good that I was able to spread the word about Transverse Myelitis.
I've even had some people here locally, that got ahold of me through Facebook to talk about it...and one woman contacted me because she says she feels like she has something similar but she has seen four neurologists and has gotten three different diagnosis.
She wants to talk to me about TM and get some more info on it because she has an appointment on Friday and is going to inquire to her doctor about the possibility of what she has, being TM.

Here's a link to the article.
http://www.cantonrep.com/newsnow/x1726854387/A-Day-In-The-Life-Kevin-Weilacher


I am pretty proud that we finally got a chance to spread the word a bit, about TM.
Now, I have to work on figuring out something to do for our Transverse Myelitis Awareness Day on June 6th.

Now....for my musical selection for this post....a tune that anyone that grew up in the 70's, is very familiar with.....BUT, this is the original artist...the guy that actually wrote the song...
This isn't the one that had all the radio play....The song was made a hit by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition....and the song is Just Dropped In.
It was written by a songwriter by the name of Mickey Newbury. His version is a little more "folkie" sounding....and it's excellent in it's own right..


I just felt that this song was kind of appropriate considering my dealing with TM.

So...that's all for today....
Till Next Time......

0 comments: