Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday

May 2nd 2009...
Figured I'd do a bit of an update today. Since my last post...if you recall, I was recovering from another migraine. I'm now over that and back on my low to no tyramine diet to see if that helps me with these headaches.

I've recently been "lucky" enough to get notice from my neurologist that he is moving to another part of the state...4 hours away....so I won't be seeing him anymore. Even though it sucks that I have to change Neuros...the new doctor that my current neuro referred us to seems to be on the ball. My current neuro tells us that he is younger and very educated..he studied at Harvard Medical School and he is also very aware of TM. I've yet to meet him but I feel that he should be okay..At least I don't have to educate a newbie on what's going on with me.

Also, on top of having a new Neuro...my wife and I had to change our Primary care doc too. Our old doc changed insurance carriers and they were not going to accept who we have our insurance through...After our doc and her new carrier bickered back and forth the insurance company told her that they would grandfather any old patients...well, they blew smoke up her butt because they are not honoring that. We got a letter from our insurance with our new docs info. My wife and I were concerned because both my wife and I have unique situations and again, we didn't want to have to educate someone new. We had our first appointment this past Thursday and to be honest, we were pleasantly surprised. She is very aware of TM and I can say that with certainty because while I was talking with her she asked me some very specific TM related questions. She also told me that she had done some training under my old neurologist...so, I feel very confident and comfortable with her. Whew....that takes a load off.

Okay...let's see...what else..? Oh yeah...yesterday I was busy around the house trying to do some things...(cleaning up and scrubbing our laundry room top to bottom)
Not a terribly strenuous job but after I got into it after a bit...I was sweating like a fool. I figured out what was going on...we had all the windows in the house open because it was absolutely gorgeous outside as far as temperature. It was raining out but that kept the temp down...the only problem though...is that the humidity was up pretty high. So, with 70 degree temps and the humidity being over 80% it whipped me. I ended up taking three showers yesterday...
The one thing I can see now that is starting to bother me...is that this summer when the temps are floating around 80 and the humidity is high..(which is very common here) I, again won't be able to go outside. I'll be stuck in this friggen house again.
I'm getting as much outside time as I can now...like today...high of 60 and partly cloudy...I'm getting outside...the only problem...I can't do much yard work..the ground is saturated from all the rain we had yesterday....Oh well, I'll figure out something.

So..everyone..that's about it for now

For my music selection today...I'm going to go with a little jazz...something from the great Chuck Mangione.
The song is Children of Sanchez.


Till Next Time......

0 comments: