Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday

update..
I figured I'd update for a couple of reasons today.
First, The last time I updated was last Sunday...so it's been one week. Second, today is Easter...so Happy Easter everyone..!!
Third..just a couple of quick little updates about the TM.

I was going through the blog and finding all the dates that I had recorded as far as my migraine episodes. It seems that my last episode ended the 21st of February..so that makes it almost 2 months now since I've had one...(I'm knocking on wood while I type this) So, please....let me not have another one ever again...
Now, to start figuring out exactly what it was that was triggering them. Hmmmmmm...

Otherwise..all else has been pretty good...the only thing that was a bit of a bugger...here about a week or so ago...we had some pretty chilly days and it was also raining...the humidity was high...and my legs were letting me know it. I'm guessing I'm a human weather weather barometer. I could tell before hand that the weather was going to be bad and all while the rain and cold my legs felt like hell. They were so stiff and achy. The one good thing is that the pain level wasn't any worse...it's just the stiffness and ache.
Now, yesterday and today..it's been sunny and the temp has been about 50 degrees. I woke up and the legs were stiff but as the day wore on...the legs felt much better.
I guess now since I've experienced the cold, the rain, the humidity..I'm curious as to how the heat and humidity is going to work out...I'm not sure I want to find out..

The last few days I've been thinking about some things I could be doing to keep myself busy for a cheap hobby...and I've always liked things I could do with my hands...well, I came across an issue of a woodcarvers magazine where they talked about carving wood spirits...and I went rummaging around some of the cut up logs we have laying up behind the house. I brought a couple in to start practicing on...so, the last couple of days I've been playing around in the basement in my workshop and this is what I came up with...now, remember...this is practice...I'm learning what I need to do to get some of the detail correct..things like the eyes and the nose and mouth..but, so far it's been pretty fun...
take a look...


So...for the music today....This song combined with the way the weather is today...makes me think about just laying in a huge field and just taking in the sky, the breeze, watching the birds....just loving life...!!
The band...Dream Academy...and the song...Life In A Northern Town..


Till Next Time......

1 comments:

donna said...

That is amazing for your first time...I like the old man...it kinda reminds me of the trees in the Lord of the Rings movie! Keep working on it.
xo