Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday

evening update.
Okay boys and girls...well, I figured I'd go ahead and update this thing...not that there really is a whole lot to update right now.
I'll back up to Saturday since that's my last update. Since then things have been pretty uneventful. The biggest thing is that for a few days my stomach had been really crappy and I was having the most awful time sleeping. I could not figure things out for the life of me. Well, I think I may have figured out what was going on, When I went to see the headache doctor he gave me some name brand Depakote ER sample packs to take and he also gave me a script for them. I had the script filled but had been using the sample packs.
Well, I looked online on Sunday on the side effects on Depakote ER and one of the top six side effects is "trouble sleeping". I thought to myself...Hmmmmmmm.
So, for no reason other than to see what happened..I started taking the script pills which were generic ones. Lo and behold...no more stomach problems and I'm now back to sleeping okay again. Doesn't make sense because they are supposed to be the same formulation, but somethings up.

I went to PT yesterday for the first time in two weeks...it went well. Strength is up and I felt pretty good although a bit wore out afterward. While I was there at PT my therapist mentioned to me about maybe cutting down to one day a week. I think she mentioned that because of the obvious progress I'm making on my own at home and going there for PT isn't really that productive anymore. I think she feels that there really isn't a whole lot more that they can do there.

As far as headaches go...been okay so far. I'm taking my Depakote and sticking to my diet. We'll see how things go here for a few more weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Otherwise, I don't think I'll be updating this quite as often as I had been. First off, the weather is starting to get nice so my butt is going to be outside and secondly, all of my TM stuff has pretty much leveled off. The biggest issue right now is the headaches and sick episodes. I'll update with info on what's going on with that.

I may update just for GP's off and on, just to throw some bits of wit and wisdom out there.

On to the music.....
Gonna pull an oldie out of my butt..(most of what I do pull out are oldies anyway, I'm just funny like that)

Quick side note why I chose the song that I did.....
This has been a very arduous past 10 months..and since I got hit with TM I've done a whole lot of thinking, soul searching and reaching down inside.

I've met an incredible bunch of people online through some different TM message boards and also had a hand in creating a TM support website. I've also met some folks with young children that got hit with TM also. I look at what TM did to me and also what it has done to the others out there especially the youngsters. How could this happen to a little child..?

Well, through this all...and through what little I was able to do in helping create the TM support site, I've thought to myself that I wish there was more I could do to change the world or at least help things along in not only spreading the word about TM but to also support those with it. I wish...I wish. We do have a glimmer of hope with the recent approval of stem cell testing. Who knows who's going to be the ones chosen for that though..?

Anyway.....1971 was the year. The group was Ten Years After and the song is "I'd Love To Change The World"


I hope everyone is well and in the wit and wisdom of one of my heroes, Red Green, keep your stick on the ice.

Till Next Time......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...love that song. I have a thing for the oldies as well, Kevin.
And glad to know you appreciate our Canadian comedians...like the Man's Prayer too!

Remember we're rootin' for you, and if the women don't find you handsome, at least they find you handy.
xo

Camila said...

Hi Kevin,

I think you are right about why your PT wants to cut your sessions to once a week. The same thing happened to me, and after a few weeks of once a week only therapy, I was discharged. Not much more they could do, and like you I was making progress by diligently working out on my own.

Glad to hear you figured out what is keeping you from a good night sleep.

Take care.