Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday

afternoon update..
I was going to update earlier today but I forgot....not only was today PT day but I also had an appointment at the VA today. A mental health appointment.
So, we got home from that and I figured I better update since I said I was going to when I posted yesterday.

PT went well...the ankle exercises didn't feel too bad at all..although the left foot/ankle is going to take a lot of work/exercise to get it up to the level of my right ankle.
I was thinking today..(I know, my wife says that's dangerous...me thinking..)
I'm going to try and remember and take my camera to PT on Thursday and get some pics of Cindie my therapist and me doing some of my stuff, so that everyone can see firsthand who I've been talking about all this time.

So, that's about that for now....
Music post today.....
Yesterday I tied in Don McLean's American Pie with Buddy Holly...now I'm going to tie someone else in with Don Mclean.
If you read through the analysis of American Pie....the person that did the analysis even mentions...he makes reference on this line of the song..

And I asked her for some happy news But she just smiled and turned away


Janis died of an accidental (accidental my ass!)heroin overdose on October 4, 1970.

Or…

The girl might be Roberta Flack. Its rumored that she wrote, “Killing Me Softly (with his song),” in response to this lyric in his song.


I'm making reference to his second interpretation referencing Roberta Flack...

It has been thought by many people that Roberta Flack "wrote" the song Killing Me Softly, either for or about Don McLean.
We all remember the song Killing Me Softly.., don't we..? It was a beautiful song...and Roberta always sang it so well...but why did she write the song..?

Well, it turns out that Roberta Flack didn't write the song...although we remember only ever hearing Roberta Flack singing it..

A woman named Lori Leiberman saw Don McLean in concert and felt that the words to his songs reflected so closely to her life experiences..that she wrote a poem that she named Killing Me Softly With His Blues and that lead to the song Killing Me Softly.
I've always loved Roberta Flack's version...but I think you'll agree with me...that Lori's is as beautiful or even better..
Give it a listen.....


Till Next Time......

0 comments: