Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday

update.....
Had my appointment today with my Neuro...went over all the "new" things that have occurred since my last appointment just over three months ago..The things like...the numbness in the heels of my feet..and the soreness and stiffness in my legs because of the cold weather..and also talked about my migraines.
So, I now have more prescriptions for everything...flexoral for my legs...something I don't remember the name of for my migraines...talked about the foot numbness and how I have an appointment with the Ortho doctor at the VA..
I think there are other meds too..that I don't remember right now...I don't have the 'scripts right on front of me..
He's also going to write a letter for me to use with the eval I got from PT..to submit to the VA and try to get a home e-stim unit...
Also, when I first started seeing my Neuro...one thing he did at the time was to write me a 'script to take the the DMV for a disabled tag...at the time he wrote the 'script, he put on it for temporary disability. Well, I asked him today about the disabled tag and he said he needed to write a new 'script..because he needed to write "permanent". So, with that being said....now being almost 9 months into my TM...that he apparently feels that even if I continue to improve...the improvement will not be significant. So, I guess I get to use that fancy rear view mirror tag forever..No biggie...I was kind of figuring this all along anyway...and I've come to terms with things...

Also, today at the appointment...he gave me a copy of a DVD when the hospital did my last MRI. I was just going through it and looking at the "pictures"..
They don't mean anything to me but it sure is cool looking "inside" your body...Those MRI's are so cool because everything is so clear...
So, that was about it today...My Neuro wants to see me back in another three months for another follow up.

My legs today...are still really sore and stiff...hopefully the new med he prescribed will help a little bit with that. He mentioned about moving to Arizona...jokingly...
Too bad he can't write me a 'script for that... LOL...

On to the music....
Feelin' a little Jazzy today....and there aren't many modern male jazz singers that I like more than the amazing Gino Vanelli...
Here is Storm At Sun Up..from the album of the same name...


Till Next Time......

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you were able to get medicine to help with the migraines and other pains you have been having!I hope you have a good weekend