Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday

update...
Today was PT day...My normal therapist wasn't in today so I worked with another one...only got a half hour session today..they were very busy I guess.
I also had my appt. at the VA today with the prosthetics guy. He was going to try a different AFO on me and also get me set for a pair of better orthopedic shoes.
The shoes (sneakers) had to be ordered so I should get them sometime by the middle of January.
He brought an AFO with him to try...It's called the Trulife Matrix Max

and I gave it a try...it's actually pretty cool because even though it initially feels kind of stiff it has lots of flex and even helps me push off with my toes which I haven't been doing and that has been one of the reasons my heels are numb.
So, we'll see how this thing works over the long haul.

Otherwise...Today is a weird day...I'm not feeling very well...I don't feel sick or anything, I just feel kind of crappy. What else that's weird is the fact that I have the cold chills. I'm actually cold today...and my feet are freezing. They have been cold since I woke up this morning (at 5:30am because I had to go to the bathroom) and I haven't been able to get them warm since. This is like totally opposite from what I had been experiencing all the time with the overheating. We'll see what happens here.

That's about all for that...Christmas music...
Donna...I've never heard of Il Divo before but I gave this song a listen..and I must say..I'm impressed..these guys are good. Just listening to this gives me goosebumps. Thanks for enlightening me.


and then you mentioned The Chieftains...I'm ashamed to say that I almost forgot about them. Of course The Chieftains have some Christmas music...and in their wonderful Celtic way, they take Christmas music to a higher level...and just make you want to get up and dance your ass off...
Man do I love The Chieftains...


and then this last one....and I have to say...I was totally surprised with this when I found it.
A little background...the group or band or whatever you want to call it..is Blackmore's Night.
I had heard of them many years ago but had never heard anything at all from them.
The artists are Ritchie Blackmore from Deep Purple fame. Now, when I think of Ritchie Blackmore I think of some heavy guitar work and some rip roaring rock and roll.
Well, years back Ritchie teamed up with a woman by the name of Candice Night (Hence, Blackmore's Night) as they both had a great love for Renaissance music. Literally, Renaissance music is the style of music from the Renaissance period of the 15th - 17th centuries.
Ritchie and Candice (who are now married) have created some amazing music that is so totally different than what you hear or would expect to hear today.
With that being said...Here is Blackmore's Night with We Three Kings


Till Next Time...........

0 comments: