Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday

and I'll do a bit of an update today..
Of course I had PT today...No e-stim today...the machine was acting up...Cindie said maybe we should not try the e-stim...she didn't want to chance shocking me.. heh.. I thanked her for that..lol

Cindie had me go for a lengthy walk...one of my goals is a 2000 foot walk with just the cane and without having to stop for a break.. well, I gotta tell ya...I made it just over the halfway mark and I was exhausted...and then that set the tone for the rest of PT...I wasn't doing anything too strenuous, it is just the fact that the activities that I have to do are tough to do because of my fatigue issues... and once I get winded doing one exercise...I recover to a certain point but each exercise wears me down that much more.. ..I'm rambling.. My point is that when PT was over, I was wiped out.

I also had to have an MRI today. My neuro wanted me to have one more MRI on my brain (to make sure I still have one..jk) to make sure there aren't any lesions that he needs to be worried about. He wanted to be able to rule out MS completely. My MRI was scheduled right after PT so when I went in the MRI tube...I got to nap a little... MRI's don't bother me anyway but today was a very relaxing one.

I have lately been trying to keep my focus off of myself...and my pains and spasms and all the other mess...and try and refocus on things that keep my mind busy...
Here's what I've been doing...about a month ago, I was invited by someone else that I have corresponded with, that has TM, to join a new TM support networking site...and I did join.
It was a site that was started by a guy in Georgia that has TM and he is a veteran of the Army. I liked that fact because we already had two things in common.. Well, membership of the site was fairly low at the beginning but it has grown since and continues to grow practically every day.
The owner of the site and myself, chatted a few times and hit it off..and he decided to make me an administrator of the website which basically means that I am able to "Manage" the site..to add things beneficial to the site and the members, change the format...etc..

What I have taken on to keep my mind busy is to compile as many websites, videos and as much information about TM as I can possibly find. To compile support group websites and basically anything at all that the members of the group could find useful. I am adding all of this to a TM Resource page on the website so that any member will be able to find any bit of information or support group or anything that is available that references TM. I feel that when I am done, it will be the most comprehensive resource page available for us TMr's.
Surprisingly, as rare as TM is, there is alot of information available on the internet...which is making this a bit of a challenging undertaking...but that's okay... It keeps my mind off of the "pain in my ass" (literally..I have incredible pain in my tailbone, butt cheeks and tops of the backs of my legs) that I have..

If anyone wants to check out the website..here's the link.. http://transversemyelitis.ning.com/

So, on a final note today...one more AC/DC vid... and again...CRANK IT UP.....!!!!!!



Till Next Time................

0 comments: