Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday

I was going to post yesterday but I was so blasted tired that I blew it off...So, I am getting back on track today.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I sure did....but. (I'll get to that in a second)

TM update...not sure what's going on...but the pain in my backside and the tops of the back of my legs is intensifying. The area right at my tailbone feels as though it is on fire. The pain meds I've been taking are either not working as they had or the pain is in fact getting worse, I'm not sure. I would say, on the scale that the docs and nurses always ask...on a scale of 1 - 10... Before probably a 5...yesterday and today were looking at a 7 or 8.
Either way, I can still deal with the pain...it is not at a point where it's totally unbearable. As I've said before, I have a very high tolerance for pain so I guess in a way I am lucky. It's just that this pain is so damn annoying...especially where it is. Sitting is a pain..(lol...literally) as I have to switch back and forth from one butt cheek to the other. When I lay down it's not so bad, I guess because all my weight isn't right on those areas. It is more comfortable to sleep on my sides though.

Alright..back to Thanksgiving...It was a very nice day...all the smells and such floating around the house..
Turkey went in the oven about 10:00am and then things really started smelling good. We wanted to eat about 4:00pm...and we were having a few people come over to the house.
About 4ish they started arriving...My wife's son, his girlfriend and little boy, My wife's daughter and her boyfriend and a few of her friends. One of them is a guy that we have known for a number of years and he is currently in the Army and just got back from Iraq. He is home on leave and is getting married next month.
Anyway...total of about 15 people including the younger kids. We did dinner buffett style because our table is nowhere big enough to seat everyone.

I carved up the turkey and we layed everything out on the dining room table and then people started cycling through filling their plates. I also filled myself a heaping plate of all the fixins and ate and then found a few more that I didn't have the first go 'round.

Anyway...about this time with all the people up and about and all the talking and moving around and such...I found myself starting to get really overwhelmed. Literally, I was getting very uncomfortable...and I think with that many people...the temperature in the house was getting warmer...and I started sweating like a fool. I had sweat running down the sides of my face.
My wife I think could tell that something wasn't right so she told me to go up to the bedroom and lay down, which I did. I just felt really strange...but after laying down for awhile I did start to cool down and felt better but I didn't go back downstairs. It was a very strange experience..I've never had anything like that happen before...
I know the getting overheated is because of the TM...but the feeling of being so overwhelmed was a new feeling. I don't know where that came from...

Yesterday I felt totally exhausted...like I hadn't slept in a couple of days...and my legs felt especially achy.

Anyway...with that aside...Thanksgiving was wonderful as are all the leftovers...(yummmm)
Right now I'm in the process of boiling down the rest of the turkey carcass and all the broth. It is going to make some awesome Turkey Noodle soup...(yummmmm again)

Today...I'm feeling pretty good considering the pain. I slept pretty decent last night and it's not so cold outside so my legs don't have that achy feeling so much today.

Okay now....another request from my Sis....
She is looking for One Tin Soldier...
A late 60's anti-war song from the Canadian group, Original Caste.
This song was covered by a group called Coven and also used as part of the soundtrack to the movie "Billy Jack".
I am kind of partial to the original recording though...So sis, I hope you don't mind...but I am posting the original by Original Caste.


Now, what else can I find to post here....
I know....a song that's been covered by so many bands and artists that's it's probably easier to name the ones that haven't covered it than it is to name the ones that have.
A song originally released back in 1939...yep...1939. It's an oldie but a goodie.
On YouTube I can find many versions of the song...and all of them are good in their own right...but there is one version that truly stands out above all the rest.
Why..? Because this version highlights the sweet, smoky, sultry sound of the Tenor Sax...which compliments this song fantastically...The group is The Viscounts and
the song... Harlem Nocturne.
Enjoy..


Till Next Time..........

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin, I know all to well the feeling of being overwhelmed around alot of people and "busy-ness." Our bodies are working overtime trying to heal and deal with TM. So at times, being around lots of conversation and all can wear us out, too.. It's all part of the TM scene, unfortunately. As time goes on that should improve, tho :)) and the extra heat doesn't help either .
take it all one day at a time and KUDOS to your service to our country :))) sue thomas