Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday.............

Well....not a whole lot to update about today..
The last couple of days this cold weather has been playing havoc with my legs. They are very achy and feel like lead weights. They have also been very tight. I have been doing some stretches here at home but it just doesn't cut it.

I had PT today...Cindie did the E-zap on me...that always feels good in a weird sort of Frankensteinish way. When I get hooked up to the machine I always think about the movie "Young Frankenstein" and Gene Wilder hollering.."He's Alive..He's Alive"
After the E-zap...I told Cindie I needed her to stretch me good...so she did....oh boy did she.. Cindie stretched me extra long today..and she could tell that I was very tight. Between the achy leg pain I have and the pain of her stretching my legs...I was about brought to tears.
After the stretching was over I laid on the bench for probably 5 minutes recovering from my lightheadedness.

Over to the treadmill next..Cindie had me do just normal straight walking forward to concentrate on stepping down with my heal first and then the toes and she timed it to see how long it was before I started stepping flat footed. I did 3 sets like that and was only able to walk about a minute and a half before the flat footedness started. The next thing I know...my session is over.. Today seemed to go quick but like I said...she stretched me extra long today.

I also wanted to mention...while I was having the e-stim done...Cindie told me that Lora, my TM friend (she is the other TM'r I met while in the hospital..amazing, two of us right here in the same town) was also there down the hall doing OT.
Lora stopped by and saw me while I was getting zapped. We chatted for a bit..it was great to see her and she looks like she's doing pretty well considering. Lora is a para..from the waist down. But she has no pain, no fatigue, none of the banding. Her only TM symptoms are the waist down paralysis and the bowel and bladder. She is rather unique in her TM symptoms...but from what I read..each of us is very unique in our symptoms. It also looks like hers and my PT days will be the same and pretty close on the time so we should be able to see each other fairly often..so we can see how each other is doing.

Otherwise...the little "episode" of being sick last week...is over and it wasn't near as bad as a couple of the past ones. I still can figure no correlation between anything at all that is triggering it to happen. Whatever it is though..is pissing me off. I get so tired of dealing with the TM symptoms and then to have that "episode" come up...the headaches...the tiredness, the diarrhea etc... it's just too much.

My last post...it looked like we were going to be in for a bit of a storm..and then like 3 hours later...the weather front just kind of fell apart. Well, yesterday (Sunday) we did get a bit of snow...and for awhile it was coming down pretty hard..
Now...Mom..I know we didn't get it like you guys did there in Erie... but we did get a bit of snow...
pictures...



So...with that...it's still chilly outside...no more snow for now...tomorrow is another story though.

I leave you with this....
released 40 years ago this month....

and one of the greatest hit songs from 1978.....


Till Next Time.............

1 comments:

Terri Heyne said...

Hi Kevin, hope you're feeling well. Know what you mean about hating to update after 3 days. I, too, started this blog for the reasons you mention. I, too, struggle to remember the day-to-day events. I had to ask my daughter if we babysat on a couple of days last week before the stomach bug got me. I forgot to mention on my blog that sounds, light,noises and smells triggered the vomiting. Even the sound of the dog's nails on the floor was enough to bring on the vomiting! Weird, huh? Don't think I've ever been so sick in my life!! My stomach's still queasy. Will let my neuro know what's going on when I see him today. Later.............