Thursday, September 25, 2008

Whew...what a week since since my last post....

It has been a mudderpucker....
I'm just making this a short post for the sake of updating my blog for everyone..
Last Friday..I woke with a headache..not terrible...but the kind that makes you feel pretty crappy.

Saturday came...headache still there...bowels starting to get loose....oh brother..started feeling really, really crappy.. Wife was convinced I had some terrible cooties or something (I make light of it now, but she truly knew that something was starting) so after some pretty vigorous arguing between her and I..she drug my ass to the E.R. ( I really didn't want to go) at about 6:30pm. Doc ran all the normal stuff..urine, stool..etc...nothing showed at the time..so, Doc prescribed something for gurgly tummy and home we came about 10:30pm.

Sunday...full bore yuck...full blown diarrhea, headache, wanted nothing to eat..just wanted to sleep..
vomited once at 8:30pm..my head hurt so bad and I felt so crappy that I couldn't even sleep.. by the evening I was exhausted...and wanted to sleep so bad... tossed and turned and tossed and turned some more...I could not get comfortable at all..I kept going back and forth from being cold and then sweating...covers on..covers off.. Aaaaggghh.. I finally went downstairs and tried lying on the couch..I slept for a short bit..but not much.

By now it's Monday A.M. and I'm still having diarrhea (as much as I hate wearing these friggen diapers..I was thankful for them through this) headache is still there... Obviously no P.T. today..
I did sleep off and on throughout the day..between trips to the bathroom anyway. Took an Ambien at bedtime..I had to try and get some good sleep... Well, It got me to sleep...but I was back up at 5:30am. Still had the headache.

Tuesday.....................starting to feel slightly better as the day wore on.....only had two bathroom trips during the day...that was a relief.
Through all of these days I have been drinking chicken broth and eating saltines..but by today I was able to manage some chicken noodle soup and applesauce..
Bedtime I took another Ambien..I haaaad to sleep....

hah..2:30am Wednesday...I'm up..had to pee..so, I go downstairs...maybe I'll be able to sleep some in the big chair.. I find a somewhat comfortable position to lay in and manage 3 hours of sleep.
Headache is slightly better... Start feeling a bit better today...the weather is nice outside..so I go sit outside for awhile.. The fresh air feels sooo good.
Actually managed somewhat of a normal diet today..lite, but normal..
By bedtime....I'm feeling pretty fair...still very tired but feeling better.. and the headache is gone.. YAY..!! (oh...no bowel movements at all today..?!?!?)

Now, today...Thursday the 25th.. I actually had some decent sleep..no headache. Got up at 7:15a.m. Had a bagel with jelly.. that tasted good. By 9:00a.m. I could feel the fatigue coming on.. No PT today..there is no way...

Throughout all of this..obviously my wife has been very concerned about me...this has been the 4th or 5th time I've been "sick" since I've had TM (just over 4 months now) so she called and set an appointment with my Neuro. That's tomorrow..he's obviously curious about what's going on too. She has also been in contact with our family doc too.."make sure he stays hydrated and if he gets worse get him in the the E.R." I knew there wasn't much family doc could do... I just needed to let this mess run it's course..

So, I have to say...I truly do not think I have ever felt as bad as I did these past few days... If I had a bug and my symptoms were exacerbated because of the TM I don't know...but damn.....I DO NOT EVER want to go through that again....

and with that being said...I've had an epiphany...I'm changing the name of my blog... pop in soon and you'll see.

Until next time.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
I knew something was up...as you had not posted in so long.
I am glad you are going to the neurologist. You're immune system is way down, what with all these bugs you are catching. Of course, spending so much time around doctors, hospitals and clinics cannot be good, either, as it exposes you to all these germs that are about.
I like the title:)



Keep yourself hydrated and keep us informed!

love
Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow...I love the new layout!
I am so glad you posted more pictures, as well. I am always happy when you post. And I love that the blog page is so positive.

xo
Donna