Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday

and I had PT today...not much to update there except my therapist told me that one of the goals they have set for me is to be able to walk 2500 feet. Well, I'm not sure how far I've been able to walk so far but I know for damn sure I haven't been able to go 2500 feet. If you figure that a mile is 5,280 then 2500 feet is just shy of a half of a mile.. Hah..there's no way in hell I can walk a half a mile right now..I'd say that is going to be a very long term goal..because right now..a walk to the end of the driveway and back to the house wears me out (75 feet maybe).

Anyway, one thing I did want to say today...If you recall a few posts back..I enrolled at the local VA clinic..and I am so glad that I have that available to me..I am proud to be a vet and I so enjoyed my 20 years of active duty...but when I retired I never really felt that I was entitled to that many things other then getting my retirement pay. Well, I have come to find out that the VA clinic offers many things to vets for free. So, when I enrolled I got set up to get a wheel chair since the one I have currently is a rental. My wheelchair came in yesterday..


It's nothing super fancy but hey..it's brand new and it's mine... I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth..
Otherwise, not much new to update...the weather today is wonderful and this weekend is supposed to be great too..I'm going to try to get outside for awhile..

I came across this blog the other day..This guy also has Transverse Myelitis and he has a great blog..lots of good writings there..check it out if you like.. http://transversemyelitis.blogspot.com/

Anyway..that's it for now..

Until next time....

0 comments: