Thursday, September 11, 2008

I haven't posted in over a week

Because my friggen cable and internet was down..cable company came out once to fix it and everything was okay for a day and then it all went down again..well, of course it took them another couple of days to get back out and look at it. It seems that it finally taken care of. So, I apologize to everyone that I haven't updated in awhile but it was beyond my control.
So, now what has happened in the last week...let me see..Last Thursday was PT..It's still going well..Cindie, my therapist has been working on stretching my hamstrings..they were always pretty tight but since TM they have gotten really bad...so she is stretching those...oh...it hurts so good...
Friday was water therapy..only did 15 minutes per my Neuro's request...since I was at the point of exhaustion before. 15 minutes worked out very well.. I got a bit of a work out..I could still tell I did something but not to the point where I had to rest for 10 minutes right after getting out of the pool. So, I will stick with 15 minutes for awhile..and hopefully work up a bit more very gradually.

Saturday I had a meltdown... It was a combination of leg pain, and for some reason I had this total feeling of hopelessness..I don't know why.. Maybe things have just been compounding themselves and I finally popped...I'm not sure, but I've been pretty good since. I guess it's just a part of the roller coaster this has been.

Anyway, Had PT Monday..Tuesday I had an appointment at the VA. It was for my initial background info for mental health. I have an appointment this coming Tuesday to start my therapy sessions...I think that will be a good thing..maybe I can start making some sense of all the emotions and crap that I have had.

I had my regular PT today...again...it's going well...I have also been working on my balance, which is non-existent and still doing the hamstring stretches...again..they hurt so good.

After PT I had an appointment for another Ultrasound on my left leg. I have had this issue with this knot in the calf of my left leg. My Neuro wanted to make sure it wasn't a clot. The ultrasound showed that everything was fine..no clots. That's good..So, I guess I keep with the Bio-Freeze and massaging my calf muscle to try to work that knot out.

While I was at the hospital for PT and the Ultrasound my wife and I stopped by the room of the other lady that's there with TM. Her name is Lora. Well, she wasn't in her room and as we stopped there one of the nurse aides said that she had to go into ICU last night..but she wouldn't expound on things.. As my wife and I were leaving the hospital we saw Lora's daughter and she told us that Lora had to go to ICU last night because of emergency surgery for blood clots in her lungs... Geez...that poor woman. Hopefully she is okay and we get to see her next week.

Well, during the last few days...I've been tinkering around...I mentioned before that I was going to start working on making myself a cane. So I have been doing that...I fully intended to take pictures and kind of document my progress but that didn't happen..so I managed to take a couple pictures today, as I finished the cane last night. After almost two weeks of 1/2 hour here or an hour there, I got it done. Tell me what you guys think.
The eye..is so that I can either see where I'm going...or keep my eye on someone if I need to..


I also wanted to say...when the "I Hate" list started...it caught me on a day where things were ...not great.. and as a couple of others posted on the Yahoo TM Support group.."Hate" is such a strong word..and I don't typically use it at all for anything. It is actually a word that, when other people have said it about something, I would pipe in and ask them if they really, truly "hated" what it was that they were talking about..and in most cases the answer was "no".
Now, with me being a newbie to TM the emotions and feelings are still on edge...and I have recently had a bit of a shorter temper with many things so when I saw the "I hate" list it set me off..
For most of the things on that list...I can't say that I truly hate it...there are things I miss, and things I don't like much and things that I wish were different.. but I will say that I still don't mind cathing myself ;-) and I will also say that I do "hate" wearing diapers...
Thanks...
and you all are in my thoughts...

Take care..and it won't be over a week for my next blog update..

Till next time...

0 comments: