Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A quick update tonight

since I haven't written in a few days.
Well, lets see...I wrote on Thursday and since then..I had another fever on Sunday...came on out of the blue..I didn't feel great on Saturday but not terrible..and then Sunday afternoon I fell asleep and when I woke up I felt like crap..I could tell I had a fever and I had a miserable headache and I was all achy.
So anyway, I called off of PT on Monday. I did feel better..no fever but still had the headache and the achiness.
Today I felt better..so whatever it was..it came and left.. The only thing today though..is that I did have to get up at 3:30am to go to the bathroom and then I came back to bed and my legs were bothering me so I tossed and turned for two hours and then finally decided to just get up for a bit. I got downstairs and made some coffee and sat for a bit.. of course with all my tossing and turning I woke my wife up so next thing I know she is up also.. after I had some coffee I went back to bed for awhile and watched TV.
At 11:45 we left for an initial appointment with the local VA outpatient clinic. Lately we have found out that if we enroll at the local VA facility we can get alot of the things I need for free..alot of my medical supplies like catheters and even a wheelchair. I have a wheelchair now but I am renting it. So, it was a 4 hour plus appointment because we met with the nurse, the doc, had an ekg, went to the lab and had blood drawn, had an x-ray and talked to the pharmacy about medical supplies..it was a long day but I think it will be worthwhile.
Anyway, that's about all for now..I have water therapy tomorrow so I will probably update again after that.

0 comments: