Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday update


and I have a few things to update about. First, I had PT today..things are still going well with that... when I got there today the two therapists that normally work with me asked me if I would like to be a guinea pig for something..apparently on Thursday someone is coming in to give a demonstration on a foot drop electrical stim unit and they are looking for eligible patients to demo it on. I said sure...I'm all for it to see if it works.. So Cindie my therapist hooked me up real quick to their stim unit to see if my leg was even stimulatable..(<--is that even a word..??) Well, I had a little muscle movement when she did that so I may be a good candidate for this thing..that is, if I can figure out a way to get insurance to pay for it.. Anyway...we'll see about this..I am curious though, I want to see how this thing works. If it works then I'll start looking at insurance coverage.

Also, talked to my therapist about my exhaustion level at water therapy.. and I told her that I would also talk to me Neuro about it since I also had an appt. with him today.. I may have to reevaluate my water therapy for now.. hmm..
So, that was PT..
I also had my follow up with my Neuro today...had a nice list of questions for him...
one of which was the water therapy.. he says to either try just shortening my therapy to maybe 15 - 20 minutes to see how I do and if I am still exhausted because of the temp of the water then I may have to stop water therapy for now.. bummer.. or possibly changing my water therapy day also.
He says the electrical stim thing sounds fine...see what it does..it can't hurt.
He is having me go for another MRI..it has been just over three months..by the time of the MRI it will be 4 months since the TM started..this well show him if there are any new lesions or anything that he may need to be concerned about.
Also going to have another ultrasound done on my left leg..he wants to make sure that knot in my calf isn't a blood clot and I also have to have a urine culture done to see if I have any infection because of the fever issues I have been having.
Otherwise..he was happy with the way I am getting around with the cane..and he said he was very confident that I will at some point be able to walk on my own.. that was very good to hear.
So, that's about it for now.. I have water therapy Wednesday so I'll probably update again then.
Take care everyone...
Till next time...

0 comments: