Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday

update..where do I start..??
Well, I guess I'll start back from my last update which was Wednesday after Water Therapy.
I had my regular PT yesterday..it went well..pretty exhaustive as usual..but after talking to my therapist (she was asking me about my water therapy and how it was going and how I felt about my exertion level afterward) she seems to think that I may be overdoing it. I have to admit..I am pretty whipped afterward..If anyone of you has ever done anything really physically strenuous to the point of complete exhaustion afterward, that is how I am feeling.

So, I may have to be reevaluated with what I am going to be doing in water therapy...and also possibly going to a different pool where the water is not as warm. Reason being, even though the water temp feels nice..with this TM..my internal thermostat is out of whack.. The temp of the water has alot to do with my feeling of exertion. The warmer the water the more strenuous it is to me, is what they are thinking. So.. I'll have to see.

Now, the next thing...Back in June I applied for SS Disability..figuring that I knew it is going to take some time for me to recover to a point where I may be able to go back to work to some degree. I knew that getting a determination from SS usually takes some time and I also knew that in most cases SS denies a persons first request and you have to file an appeal. I was prepared for all of that.

Even though I didn't want to admit to myself that I was "disabled" I know that I have to allow myself the opportunity to recover both physically and mentally before I am going to be truly ready to be go back to work and hopefully I will be able to some day..
Well, yesterday I got a letter from Disability.. I am approved...
I have very mixed feelings now... yes, I am glad that I didn't have to go through all of the appeals and such... To know that my condition is such that they approved it first time really sends home the seriousness of TM to me...
But now..It also really sends home the fact that I am "Disabled"...that is a term that I am having some problems with.

Man...not a day goes by where I don't sit and think about the mental roller coaster that this is...Some days I wish I just lived on an island away from everything and didn't have to worry about any of this....

Anyway, I have a follow up appt. with my Neuro on Monday... Got another whole list of questions for him... Unless something really exciting happens this weekend... I'll probably hold off on updating again until Monday after my follow up..
so...until next time..

0 comments: