Friday, July 11, 2008

Okay...here is an update of my meds and other stuff

As I mentioned the doc changed some of my meds.. He took me off of the Amiltriptyline that I was taking for Depression/nerve pain/sleep because I don't feel it was working for sleep or the depression.. I have been sleeping crappy and still feeling in a crappy mood. He now has me on Effexor for the depression..we'll see how that goes. For sleep he prescribed Ambien but I'm only to take that if I have a real problem sleeping..because for pain he also prescribed MS Contin (a type of morphine).
Well, last night at bedtime..I took the Effexor and the MS Contin....and talk about sleep.... whew.. I'm still groggy and it's 11:00am and that is without taking the Ambien. The only weird thing though...I woke up at about 3:00am to go to the bathroom (bowel movement). When I went back to bed...I was right back out and I don't remember having much pain at all during the night.
So, with these new meds we'll see how things are after a week or two. Hopefully we have found a combination of meds that finally work.. I'm starting to accumulate bottles of unfinished meds that the doc took me off of. Oh well..
Let's see how the weekend goes..
Until next time..

0 comments: