Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's Wednesday

and here's an update...
I did have my appt. yesterday with the gastroenterologist and all that really came out of that is the suggestion to include more fiber in my diet and then to use an enema every morning. The fiber to bind me up more and then of course the enema to clean me out. My wife is going to be getting me the stuff here in the next couple of days and then we'll see how that goes. The only other thing they said is that I maybe should have a colonoscopy, which could be a bit of a challenge with me because of the bowel issue. They suggested the colonoscopy because I am turning 50 and I guess that is the magic number to check for colon problems. That won't happen for a couple of months though.
So, no magic cure all for retraining the sphincter..oh well.

When I went in to the hospital on Monday for my PT..the therapists told me that they had another patient in the in-patient physical therapy wing with TM. I guess it is a guy but they didn't know much else about him other than his symptoms came on similar to mine. I'm going to see if I can talk to him and see how he is doing.

The weather here was beautiful today so my wife took me for a walk in my wheelchair and I held my dog's leash. It was so nice to get out but I noticed that as I was out in the sun..and it was only about 68 degrees today, but I was sweating like all get out.. Man, it's something how the heat gets to me. The sun felt so good and there was a nice breeze blowing but I just can't stand the heat at all.
Oh well....until next time...

0 comments: