Tuesday, July 8, 2008

5 days

since my last post.
My wife and I went up to Erie, PA for a few days to (a)visit my mom (b)be there on her birthday on the 5th (c)get away from here (home) for a few days to clear my head a bit.
The trip succeeded in all those things.. My moms place is wonderful...the house is a beautiful log cabin home situated on about 4 acres of wooded land with wild turkeys, raccoons, possums, deer, bear, fox and many types of birds..it is so peaceful and relaxing. The weather was nice and the temperature was nice so we spent almost all of our awake time out in the back breezeway. The worst part of the trip was that we went on a little shopping trip that I thought I was up to. I found that I could lean on/push a shopping cart and get along pretty well. My wife and I went to K-Mart looking for some new slippers for me and I overdid it.. I got really tired and started sweating and was very weak. My wife said I was all red. The other thing I noticed was that with the humidity and being outside it totally sapped my strength and also it made my feet swell. So, it was back to the house we went.
We arrived back here in Canton yesterday..the trip back went well..although I was pretty uncomfortable in the car on the way..but it is only about a two hour drive so no real biggie.

I had my followup appointment today at the wound center..that went well..the doc seemed very pleased with how well my bedsore has healed. It still has a little ways to go but overall it is good considering that just two weeks ago it was an open sore. I go back in three weeks for another followup.
Tomorrow is a telephone interview with Social Security for disability and I also have my followup with my Neurologist. Tomorrow I ask the doc about talking to a psychologist.. while I was in Erie I had plenty of things to distract me and it was also a nice change...but since being back here..I'm feeling my mental "attitude" coming back.. I gotta do something......
I hope everyone had a great 4th..mine was nice..

Update tomorrow..

0 comments: