Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's been awhile

since my last update. I updated on the 25th of August the last time and today is the 4th of October. I suppose that could be because of a couple of reasons...firstly, and I believe I've mentioned before that things have pretty much leveled off, or I guess I could say that I've become more used to everything. What I mean by that, is that I'm used to the day to day discomforts and pain and spasms. No sense in griping and complaining any more because it isn't going to do any good. I've learned to live with what I have and I'm moving on with everything.

Second reason for the lag in updates is that I just don't know what to update anymore.
I'll post what has happened lately....I met my new PCP doctor last month, pretty good guy. Seemed genuinely interested and concerned with my TM. We sat and discussed it for quite a long time. He wanted all the details starting from the moment it happened.
Another thing is that my migraine situation seems to have leveled off fairly well. I saw my migraine doc the other day and we went over everything. I still have slight ones on occasion but not near the level that they were...thank god... So I continue taking the Topamax at the same dosage I've been on. Seems to be working fairly well.
One thing..while I was talking with my migraine doc...he also specializes in pain, and we were talking about the nerve pain I have in my legs..and he asked me if I had ever tried Lidocaine patches before. Nope, I hadn't..So he gave me some samples.
I tried one that night and first of all, it didn't seem to do much to relieve the pain but here's the kicker....when I went to take it off in the morning...now imagine this...these patches are about 4" x 5" with some heavy duty sticky on one side. My skin on my legs is pretty sensitive already from the nerve sensations I have. I was in the bathroom getting ready to get in the shower and I was trying to peel this patch off...and first of all, it was pulling the hair on the back of my leg and second, pulling the patch off of my skin was like setting fire to my leg....it about brought me to tears...
So, needless to say, no more Lidocaine patches on my legs, thank you.

We're into October, the cooler weather is setting in, I can notice already that the cool is starting to bother my legs. I could always tell the slightest change in humidity in the warmer weather. It's amazing how the slightest changes in weather can affect things.

Well, I think that's all that I'm going to update for now. I have some other things to update on, that I've gotten involved in with the TM community but right now it's all in beginning stages...so maybe in a couple of weeks I'll post some more.

and for a little music post....
let's do some Crosby Stills and Nash....Long Time Gone.


Till Next Time......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks